Counting Officer for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar area, Malcolm Burr, is reminding voters what they need to know to have their say on Polling day:
- Polling Stations will be open from 7am to 10pm. You should have received a Poll Card with details of your local Polling Station. If you haven’t received a Poll Card please contact the Electoral Registration Officer on 01851 706262.
- Details of the Polling Stations for the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar area can be found on the Election Office web page http://www.cne-siar.gov.uk/electionoffice/referendum/polling.asp
- When voting at the Polling Station it is helpful to take your Poll Card with you although you do not need it to vote.
- Polling Station staff will give you your Ballot Paper and answer any questions you have regarding the electoral process.
- If you applied for a Postal Vote it must be received by the Counting Officer by 10pm on Thursday 18 September 2014. If you have left it too late to post you can drop it off at any Polling Station in the Comhairle nan Eilean Siar area or at the Council Offices, Sandwick Road, Stornoway.
- Vote by placing an X in the box beside your choice.
- If you are unable to attend your Polling Station in person because of unavoidable absence from your qualifying address, reasons relating to your employment or a medical emergency and only become aware of this after 5pm on Wednesday 3 September 2014, you can apply to vote by emergency proxy. For further details please contact the Electoral Registration Officer on 01851 706262.
Hebrides Today brings you the latest news from the Western Isles